Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ikea Lack Cube Side Table

The first Pinterest inspired project I tackled is probably the simplest DIY project that I've seen and perfect for a first-timer. Inspired by this pin, I decided to make a cube side table out of two Lack side tables from Ikea. The origin of the pin can be found at Budget Wise Home. The white version of the Lack side tables run for $7.99 each. The look is supposed to replicate these tables from West Elm:



You'll need two Lack side tables from Ikea. Here is what one looks like normally.



On each table I attached two of the legs diagonal from each other. As you can see, Coco supervised the assembly process.






Then using liquid nails on the bottom of each leg, I fit one table on top of the other and used Rob's box of comic books and weights to secure the table until it dried.





After 24 hours I removed the box and weights and the table was all set.



A normal Lack side table is not very high so the good thing about cubing it is that it adds a bit of height. It's a cute table, but what I didn't realize is that the undersides of these tables are not white as in the picture from the pin. I find this to be unsightly so we'll be painting the undersides in the near future. Another thing with Lack tables, when the legs are screwed on they do not line up flush with the sides of the table. It doesn't bother me that much, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Not bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment